|*Notes mentioned here are specific to the conventional or Long
some are specific to the Mark 7 donor car *
- Doing the Long accessory (conventional) swap with a
radiator mounted under the
core support, such as the Total Performance radiator, I found that
the fan spacer length is best at 1 1/4" long. I could not find
one this length, so I had to machine one from a 2" one.
- I had to lengthen my Drive shaft 1 1/8" with
the AOD. This is with a '88 regular cab w/ L&L mounts. It may
seem long enough, but after replacing a tail shaft bushing I had it
lengthened. This length may be determined by the Yoke that you use,
I used a Mark 7 yoke.
- The V-6 radiator shroud works great for a V-8
shroud if you use some ingenuity, cut off the bottom and make
clearance for your accessories install from the top and reattach the
bottom piece from the bottom.
- Stock floor shifter will work if you use a Mark 7
cable and loop it 180 deg and do a little fab work for your anchor
points on each end. I used the Mark 7's anchor points and attached
them to the Ranger.
- The stock Tachometer will work if you don't mind it
being off a little bit and not being linier. You'll have to jump a
wire on back of the Tach between L2 and GRD post.
- The only mods to make A/C work besides the A/C box
mod, is to mount your condenser behind the grill, use a Mark 7
compressor, and have a custom suction line made.